Location: Tucson, Arizona, United States
Job Number: 10013
Position Title: Medical Assistant
This position is full time with Benefits.
Perform a wide range of duties and provide clinical support to the physicians and nurse practitioners to include taking patient vitals and health histories. Assist with procedures, perform injections, and other tasks under the direct supervision of the medical providers.
- Check patients in and take vitals and health histories.
- Assist the clinicians as requested with various medical procedures.
- Collect laboratory specimens and process.
- Perform CLIA waved tests such as pregnancy tests and urine dipsticks.
- Prepare and administer medications and perform injections.
- Sterilize equipment used in direct patient care.
- Refill prescriptions as directed by the clinicians.
- Remove staples or sutures and change dressing.
- Insertion and removal of bladder catheters.
- Perform various medical procedures as requested by the medical providers.
- Delivery of patient test results and clinician follow up plans.
- Responsible for telephone triage of all patients calling into the clinic with medical questions.
- Clerical duties as instructed by immediate supervisor.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Community / Marketing Title: Medical Assistant
Genesis OB\GYN is a company dedicated to caring for Ob-Gyn providers who care for others, be they physicians or their support staff. A team of like-minded professionals with significant business and healthcare experience, we operate with a singular mindset - great care needs great care. We take great pride in not just speaking about this, but executing on it.
As a company, our mission is to be an indispensable source of business knowledge, innovation and support to the practices in our network. We are advocates for our Ob-Gyn medical affiliates – enabling them to focus solely on the practice of medicine while we focus on the business of medicine.
We are action oriented. We strategize, implement and execute – on behalf of the practices we serve.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We offer a competitive salary and an excellent benefit package that includes health/dental/life/STD/LTD/vision insurance, paid time off, and 401(k) plan. This company is a drug-free workplace and an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.