Location: Tucson, Arizona, United States
Job Number: 10092
Position Title: Medical Assistant
Responsible for providing direct patient care in a medical office setting under the direction of a licensed Medical Provider, assists Medical Providers with in-office procedures and maintains a clean and safe environment in accordance with the policies and procedures of the practice.
- Adheres to and supports the mission, purpose, philosophy, objectives, policies, and procedures of Genesis.
- Adheres to the Genesis HIPAA Compliance Plan and Privacy Standards.
- Assists in the assessment of patient needs and health plan by taking vital signs, history, medication listing, assessing visual acuity and determining chief complaint. Assesses patients’ physical and mental status.
- Completes all necessary documentation in the patient’s medical record as required.
- Prepares equipment and assists Medical Providers with medical treatments, exams and procedures
- Administers prescribed oral medications and gives intramuscular and subcutaneous and intradermal injections. Performs venipunctures, CLIA-Waived and non-CLIA Waived lab testing.
- Maintains a clean, orderly and safe environment for patients and visitors. This includes cleaning, sterilizing, and storing instruments in accordance with practice policies. Stocks rooms in preparation for the daily work schedule. Takes inventory of medical and exam room supplies.
- Complies with established personal protective equipment requirements necessary for protection against exposure to blood and other potentially infectious body fluids, chemical disinfectants, radiation, and other hazardous substances.
- Arranges for specialized consultations and appointments for testing as ordered by the physicians. Notifies appropriate insurance personnel to pre-certify surgeries or tests ordered by the Medical Provider which require pre-certification by the insurance company.
- Assists in checking out patients and assists them with referral processing and scheduling process
- Assist in other functions of the physician practice as needed
Education: High school diploma/GED, with completion of an accredited Medical Assisting Program required.
Certification: CPR required, Registered Medical Assistant preferred.
Experience: A minimum of one year of experience working in a physician office preferred.
Community / Marketing Title: Medical Assistant
Genesis OB\GYN is a company dedicated to caring for Ob-Gyn providers who care for others, be they physicians or their support staff. A team of like-minded professionals with significant business and healthcare experience, we operate with a singular mindset - great care needs great care. We take great pride in not just speaking about this, but executing on it.
As a company, our mission is to be an indispensable source of business knowledge, innovation and support to the practices in our network. We are advocates for our Ob-Gyn medical affiliates – enabling them to focus solely on the practice of medicine while we focus on the business of medicine.
We are action oriented. We strategize, implement and execute – on behalf of the practices we serve.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We offer a competitive salary and an excellent benefit package that includes health/dental/life/STD/LTD/vision insurance, paid time off, and 401(k) plan. This company is a drug-free workplace and an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.