Location: Tucson, AZ, USA
Job Number: 10127
Position Title: Sonographer
Support the mission and vision of the organization by performing a variety of Breast, Obstetrical and Gynecological ultrasounds in a fast-paced environment. Work closely with the interpreting Physician and generate electronic reports with diagnostic findings. This is a 40 hour per week, Monday-Friday, benefits-eligible position with rotations to all clinics.
- Prepare exam room and ultrasound equipment to conduct sonography examinations in accordance with infections disease, sterilization, and patient safety protocols, policies, and procedures.
- Assume responsibility for the safety of the patient during the sonographic examination.
- Review patient medical history and supporting clinical information.
- Ensure that the sonography examination order is complete, contains relevant information, and meets the standard of “medical necessity.”
- Evaluate any contraindications, insufficient patient preparation, and the patient’s inability or unwillingness to tolerate the examination and associated procedures.
- Communicate with the patient in a manner appropriate to the patient’s ability to understand.
- Use proper patient positioning tools, devices, equipment adjustment, and ergonomically correct scanning techniques to ensure patient comfort and safety, and to prevent compromised data acquisition and musculoskeletal injury to the sonographer.
- Conduct patient clinical assessment and perform the diagnostic medical sonography examination ordered by the supervising physician in accordance with professional and facility protocols.
- Apply independent, professional, ethical judgment, and critical thinking to safely perform diagnostic sonography procedures.
- Apply independent judgment during the sonography examination to ensure that appropriate anatomical, pathological, and clinical conditions are accurately captured in the examination images.
- As necessary, acquire additional ultrasound imaging to facilitate optimum diagnostic results for the interpreting physician.
- Identify and document any limitations to the sonography examination.
- Review examination images, synthesize examination results, and prepare the preliminary findings.
- Maintain patient privacy and confidentiality in accordance with privacy laws (e.g., HIPAA) and facility policies, and procedures.
- Adhere to accepted professional and ethical standards.
- Provide patient services consistent with the Scope of Practice and Clinical Standards for the Diagnostic Sonographer.
Education: High School Diploma or GED and graduate of an ARDMS-AIUM accredited Ultrasound Technologist Program, RDMS certified with OB/Gyn certifications required. If a new graduate from a Sonography program, have (6) months to obtain accreditation. Must stay current with CME courses as outlined by the ARDMS.
Experience/Qualifications: Previous experience in performing OB and gynecological exams.
Preferred Experience/Qualifications: Fetal echocardiography, familiarity with Microsoft office applications, EHR, and PACS.
Community / Marketing Title: Sonographer
Genesis OB\GYN is a company dedicated to caring for Ob-Gyn providers who care for others, be they physicians or their support staff. A team of like-minded professionals with significant business and healthcare experience, we operate with a singular mindset - great care needs great care. We take great pride in not just speaking about this, but executing on it.
As a company, our mission is to be an indispensable source of business knowledge, innovation and support to the practices in our network. We are advocates for our Ob-Gyn medical affiliates – enabling them to focus solely on the practice of medicine while we focus on the business of medicine.
We are action oriented. We strategize, implement and execute – on behalf of the practices we serve.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We offer a competitive salary and an excellent benefit package that includes health/dental/life/STD/LTD/vision insurance, paid time off, and 401(k) plan. This company is a drug-free workplace and an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.