Insurance Verification Specialist
Location: Tucson, Arizona, United States
Job Number: 10137
Position Title: Billing Specialist
Responsible for timely and accurate verification of patient insurance coverage. Uses available tools to ensure the appropriate level of benefit is obtained. Works directly with multiple insurance websites for eligibility and benefits. Ensures the patient insurance information loaded is accurate and complete. Must be able to communicate effectively and professionally to our patients and provider offices.
Essential Job Functions:
- Run daily schedules for verification of benefits (goal is be at least 4 days ahead).
- Obtain eligibility/benefits for each patient on the schedule.
- Ensure the correct insurance plan and information is loaded and attached to the patients account and appointments.
- Obtain benefits for office procedures in tasks sent (procedures, injections, IUDs, ultrasounds, etc.) by insurance websites or contacting the insurance plan for specific information.
- Once benefits are received from the insurance plan, create estimate of patient deductible and co-insurance by referencing our Contracted Fee Schedules for the patient insurance plan.
- Notify the patient if they will owe more than $50 at time of service.
- Make appropriate notes to appointments and patient accounts of the benefits obtained and patients estimated responsibility due.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in the medical industry
- Proficient with billing software and electronic medical records
- Proficient with computers and online websites
- Must have the ability to multitask and manage time effectively
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Physical demands may include:Prolonged, extensive, or considerable amount of sitting.
Community / Marketing Title: Insurance Verification Specialist
Genesis OB\GYN is a company dedicated to caring for Ob-Gyn providers who care for others, be they physicians or their support staff. A team of like-minded professionals with significant business and healthcare experience, we operate with a singular mindset - great care needs great care. We take great pride in not just speaking about this, but executing on it.
As a company, our mission is to be an indispensable source of business knowledge, innovation and support to the practices in our network. We are advocates for our Ob-Gyn medical affiliates – enabling them to focus solely on the practice of medicine while we focus on the business of medicine.
We are action oriented. We strategize, implement and execute – on behalf of the practices we serve.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We offer a competitive salary and an excellent benefit package that includes health/dental/life/STD/LTD/vision insurance, paid time off, and 401(k) plan. This company is a drug-free workplace and an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.