Location: Tucson, Arizona, United States
Job Number: 10139
Position Title: Surgery Scheduler
The Surgery Scheduler is responsible for the daily coordination of the physician’s surgery schedule, surgery patients and the entire surgery process. This position works closely with the physicians, hospital staff and other members of the health care team. Strong customer service, organizational and communication skills are essential to this position.
- Coordinate the surgery with the hospital, surgery center, anesthesia group, surgical assist(s) and/or other co-surgeons
- Notify the physician(s) of all the information regarding the surgery
- Gather and/or confirm all pertinent insurance information to ensure accurate information and timely payment of services rendered
- Manage the physician’s surgery schedules in a manner that maximizes productivity and practice profitability
- Two years previous surgery scheduling experience
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, such as Word, Excel, and Outlook and familiarity with EMR software
Education: High School Diploma or GED required.
Community / Marketing Title: Surgery Scheduler
Genesis OB\GYN is a company dedicated to caring for Ob-Gyn providers who care for others, be they physicians or their support staff. A team of like-minded professionals with significant business and healthcare experience, we operate with a singular mindset - great care needs great care. We take great pride in not just speaking about this, but executing on it.
As a company, our mission is to be an indispensable source of business knowledge, innovation and support to the practices in our network. We are advocates for our Ob-Gyn medical affiliates – enabling them to focus solely on the practice of medicine while we focus on the business of medicine.
We are action oriented. We strategize, implement and execute – on behalf of the practices we serve.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We offer a competitive salary and an excellent benefit package that includes health/dental/life/STD/LTD/vision insurance, paid time off, and 401(k) plan. This company is a drug-free workplace and an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.