Location: Tucson, AZ, USA
Job Number: 10145
Position Title: Practice Manager
The Practice Manager is responsible for the overall operations, development, and success of the medical practice. In this role, the Practice Manager acts as an information resource and ambassador to patients, the public, providers, and staff.
Duties include leadership of clinical, professional, administrative, and clerical staff, overseeing day-to-day management of appointments, billing, and chart documentation through the Electronic Health Record systems, Athenahealth. In addition, this position is responsible for attending in-person and phone conference meetings, acting as the single point of contact for patients, physicians as well as Genesis CBO, the management organization.
Essential Job Functions:
Billing, Claims, Accounts Receivable and Accounting:
- Coordinate with the CBO to ensure that all billing is done promptly and is transmitted electronically daily. Review payment reports on a regular basis to determine both accuracy and missing or incorrect payments.
- Supervise front desk staff to collect co-pays, co-insurance and coordinate the design of payment plans for patients with high deductibles or healthcare savings plans.
- Review all bills and authorize the timely payment of all accounts payable as needed. Work closely with the Finance team to review expenditures to identify opportunities and accuracy.
- Runs and accesses reports routinely to manage business decisions. Provides reports to physicians monthly and as needed.
- Recruit, hire, train, and orient staff.
- Supervise staff. Review, coach, discipline and terminate, as needed. Resolve conflicts. Perform employee performance reviews. Coach and mentor staff.
- Become thoroughly versed in each aspect of employee responsibility to be able to act as the ultimate resource for practice functions.
- Maintain staff schedule to ensure sufficient staffing for operational needs.
- Oversight and management of staff time sheets and payroll approvals.
- Document Worker’s Compensation injuries and address unemployment inquiries in coordination with HR (Human Resources).
- Maintains physician’s medical licensing to ensure current. Maintain physician files for credentialing with the hospitals as well as all documentation regarding liability insurance, claims, and legal records.
- Arrange for the physical upkeep of all offices. Shop for and negotiate prices with vendors as needed. Ensure offices are always fully supplied.
- Supervise the day-to-day operations assuring that all offices have appropriate vendor relationships and resources needed.
- Develop skills to be a “super-user” on the practice’s computer systems, including our EMR (Electronic Medical Record) Athena Health.
- Troubleshoot and arrange for the timely repair of equipment when needed.
- Maintain providers schedules and ensure after-hours call management.
- Manage and address patient issues / complaints / concerns. Lead initiatives to support patient satisfaction.
- Actively lead marketing initiatives to support practice growth and patient retention.
- Comply with all local, state, and federal laws and guidelines including fire safety, disaster communication, sexual harassment, universal precautions, confidentiality, security, and privacy, and provide staff with documentation and training in same.
- Have downtime procedures for loss of computer accessibility.
- Ensure risk management policies are followed and medical records are being stored and released appropriately.
- High School Diploma or equivalent; college degree preferred
- Medical Office Management experience preferred
- Two years’ experience in a physician office or ambulatory healthcare setting, preferred
- Previous customer service experience
- High level of computer literacy and user experience; Intermediate level experience in Microsoft Office suite
- Two years’ experience with medical billing and/or EMR system (Athena preferred)
- Familiarity with clinical & operational workflows and workflow analysis
- Familiarity with compliance, IT, and risk requirements, preferred
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to communicate logically and clearly both orally and in writing
- Ability to multi-task effectively
- Ability to actively manage 5-15 employees
- Excellent listening and presentation skills
- Ability to work independently and collaborate as part of a team
- Travel as necessary within assigned region
- Ability to develop creative and unique solutions, to solve problems and to escalate when appropriate
- Physical demands may include:
- Prolonged, extensive, or considerable amount of sitting
- Light lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, or otherwise moving objects.
- Considerable amount of reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling, and crouching.
- Traveling to all locations when emergency coverage demands.
Community / Marketing Title: Practice Manager
Genesis OB\GYN is a company dedicated to caring for Ob-Gyn providers who care for others, be they physicians or their support staff. A team of like-minded professionals with significant business and healthcare experience, we operate with a singular mindset - great care needs great care. We take great pride in not just speaking about this, but executing on it.
As a company, our mission is to be an indispensable source of business knowledge, innovation and support to the practices in our network. We are advocates for our Ob-Gyn medical affiliates – enabling them to focus solely on the practice of medicine while we focus on the business of medicine.
We are action oriented. We strategize, implement and execute – on behalf of the practices we serve.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We offer a competitive salary and an excellent benefit package that includes health/dental/life/STD/LTD/vision insurance, paid time off, and 401(k) plan. This company is a drug-free workplace and an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.